International travellers should always be extra concerned about their health and safety. Here is essential information on travel health risks and preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones safe during your travels.
Our goal is to help and nurture travellers to stay healthy from the date of preparation, during travel and all throughout returning to home.
We emphasize on
2.Improving nutrition outcomes – Food intake and food safety, sanitation and hygiene.
3. Counselling– travel health advice beneficial for you.
Many diseases which are a risk to travellers can be prevented by immunisation. You should talk to the expert about any vaccines or boosters you may need. Also with regards to some diseases that should be considered.
It is important to schedule a visit to your doctor at least 6-8 weeks before you travel to allow time to complete any vaccination schedule you undertake.
Our health care expert are equipped in providing health information and intervention for those who are planning a healthy and worry free trip. Our services covers pre-travel consultation and evaluation, contingency planning during travel, and post-travel follow-up and care.
Whether travelling for work or on holiday you will find tips on preparing healthy trip. How to stay healthy while you are away. Suggestions on how you can prevent common illnesses, tropical diseases. Help in considering what vaccines to consider. Guidance on selecting the right insurance and common-sense advice on general travel well-being.
We ensure safety trips for you and your love one:
- Tips for staying healthy before, during and after international trips.
- An interactive tool that guides you through preparing traveler for a safe and healthy international trip
- Health advice for safe travel thru Disease Control and Prevention
- A useful guide to help you think of things to pack for a healthy trip which we call travel health kit list.
Travel Health Information
Overseas travel exposes you to wonderful new experiences, but it can also expose you to potentially serious health risks. Remember – your health is our responsibility – with a bit of preparation, you can prevent an illness that could ruin your holiday, or worse.
We nurture and provide knowledge on what to expect when you travel abroad. If you are going overseas, or are researching an illness, always seek advice from a health professional at your local travel clinic or doctor’s surgery or pharmacy.
Our Health expert recommendations change regularly. Advice might differ depending on your personal medical history, the destination you are travelling to, and your travel schedule. The information previously given to a relative or friend may be quite different from your requirements
Management and prevention measures which can be taken to avoid infectious diseases to which you might be exposed while overseas are as follows;
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Patient Education
- The used alcohol and tobacco
- Injury Prevention
- Maternal and Infant Health
- Mental Health
- Illicit Drugs
Health Travel and Health
International travel can pose various risks to health, depending on the characteristics of both the traveller and the travel. Travellers may encounter sudden and significant changes in altitude, humidity, microbes, and temperature, which can result in ill-health. In addition, serious health risks may arise in areas where accommodation is of poor quality, hygiene and sanitation are inadequate.
About Travel Medicine Appointments
- Schedule your visit at the clinic six to eight weeks prior to the start of your trip to allow your immune system to increase antibodies against the diseases against which you have been immunized and provide sufficient time for any additional issues that may arise
- We will do a comprehensive assessment of health risks for your specific international travel.
- You will receive counselling to minimize disease risks.
- We will recommend and prescribe immunizations and medications for protection against communicable diseases.
We are committed to your health. Find tips and advice from our health experts to help you maintain the best health possible - from managing your stress to staying active, eating well and enjoying life.
Visit your us
Most diseases acquired by travellers are not serious, but it is important to detect a serious infectious disease early. This allows infectious diseases to be treated as soon as possible and you to take immediate steps to avoid transmitting this disease to others. Visit your travel clinic several weeks before you travel, to get the most current and relevant advice
Other than mention we would like to advocate the following :
- Travelling with medication
- Travelling with a medical device
- Sun and heat safety tips for travellers
- Oral rehydration solutions
- Tips for healthy travel with children
- Travelling while pregnant
- Older travellers
- Travelling with disabilities
- Travel health kit
- Travel insurance