Diabetes mellitus (DM), commonly referred to as diabetes, is a group of metabolic disorders in which there are high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period. Symptoms of high blood sugar include frequent urination, increased thirst, and increased hunger. If left untreated, diabetes can cause many complications.
Our health care expert prevention and treatment involve maintaining a healthy diet, regular physical exercise, a normal body weight, and avoiding use of tobacco. Control of blood pressure and maintaining proper foot care are important for people with the disease. And that there are 3 types of Diabetes. Type 1 DM, Type 2 DM, Gestational diabetes.
KMC health care expert aims:
1. Maintain a constant awareness of Diabetes early detection in conjunction with relevant diabetes management.
2. Prevention of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia
3. Concentrates on keeping blood sugar levels as close to normal, without causing low blood sugar.
4. Prevent tissue damage caused by too much sugar in the blood stream
Our health care team works collaboratively to help you achieve your best level of health and maintain an active lifestyle. We provide the most current information and resources. A tool and confidence for effective diabetes self-management including diabetes classes, help with behaviour-change goal, individual instruction on diabetes management.
We provide ongoing state-of-the-art preventive care through innovative activities which will enable us to detect and intervene in the progression of this devastating disease. We are offering our best comprehensive diabetic care and support. Here to share our knowledge that fits all your concerns with regards to lifestyle, diabetic diet, medication, other treatment and Self-Management Education.
This can usually be accomplished with a healthy diet, exercise, weight loss, and use of appropriate medications (insulin in the case of type 1 diabetes; oral medications, as well as possibly insulin, in type 2 diabetes). But it doesn’t ends there.
Controlling your diabetes means maintaining the proper balance between insulin dose, food and activity every day. Put simply, if you are out of balance, your blood sugars will be too.
Work with KMC health expert, keep good records to correct any problems.
Below are the basic question client’s normally asked.
• How to develop a healthy eating plan
• Nutrition counselling and meal planning
• How to make the plan fit within your lifestyle
• What are the necessary exercise, why they are helpful.
• How will I know that I am diabetic.
• How to safely manage diabetes
• How to prevent complications of diabetes
• How to use a glucose meter and take medications
• How to understand and deal with the emotional aspects of diabetes
• How to make behaviour changes that promote a healthy lifestyle